Monday, May 21, 2012

Erin's Meadow Herb Farm


I've been thinking about starting a garden.  So when I heard about a spring herb festival happening at Erin's Meadow Herb Farm, I wanted to seize the opportunity to check it out.  Turns out that this place was only 10-15 minutes away even though it's located in Clinton, TN.  It required driving up the steep ridge and then sliding down almost recklessly, but nonetheless, a pleasant drive.  I like visiting shops during busy days because when there's a festival, I can count on there to be a lot of other people.  Since I find it awkward to browse a nearly empty store and receive undivided attention from the store owner, when I usually don't have much intention to spend money, these events are the solution to my dilemma.  At this spring herb festival, there was a cooking demonstration, a few booths and a lot of people.


Funny story: at work, one of my projects is on our workplace sustainability employee and community engagement team.  So last fall there was a craft fair at work, so we had the idea to organize a display of sustainable crafts.  Someone wanted to display their fairy garden and none of us had heard of it before.

"Does the crafter believe a real fairy lives in it?"

Hahahhahha I mean, that was a real question.  So later we learned what a fairy garden was.  They're essentially small gardens with miniature furniture to make it look fit for a fairy to live in:




This lizard was totally trying to creep on the fairies!!


I was enamored with the themed gardens!  What a great way of categorizing different types of gardens, as a marketing tool and as a live demonstration.  Aside from the ones below, there was also a kitchen herb garden, butterfly garden, and a few others that I don't remember.








1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I love the little lizard creeping on the fairies :)

    Jen says it's really easy to plant herbs...she has some sage here that is growing up like crazy!

    ReplyDelete