Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Norris Dam State Park: Trip Fail!

Embarrassing confession.  I always get lost when I go somewhere for the first time.  I thought I'd be okay because usually I don't travel with a GPS and this time I was equipped with a GPS.  On top of that, I looked up the address on Google Maps on top of that, so I know ahead of time how I'm getting there (which routes so I have a mental map).  

I was on my way to Norris Dam State Park to participate in a guided hike of wildflowers that I mentioned in an earlier post on spring plans.  This was a program offered by the park, free of charge to the public.  All that it would cost me was time and gas money.  Tennessee has a great diversity of wildflowers that have short growing seasons, so I wanted to take advantage of that.  





Knowing that I have a tendency to get lost going somewhere for the first time, I did all the pre-trip planning.  However, with parks and addresses, the address will lead you to a specific part of the park, but not necessarily where you want to go.  I figured it would be fine though because once I get to the park, I could figure it out from there.  Wrong!  So I go to the west side of the park, wandered around and finally realized that I wasn't where I wanted to be.  By that time, I was too late to hope of joining any guided hikes.  Even when I got to the other side of the park, it wasn't clear to me where I should have gone in the first place...  Oh well, I saw many pretty trees, a nice dam, and beautiful blue waters.  






As they say, better luck next time!!!


1 comment:

  1. I love your photos, as always! The next-to-last one is my favorite--I wish I could be there in person :)

    ReplyDelete